Saturday, May 9, 2009

Strange day

Yesterday was strange. Unusual things happened in my usually quiet life. First thing in the morning, our new bed was delivered. It's HUGE!! I love it. (only the mattress came...the head and foot board are coming soon)

Next, Melody, Wynne and I planted our vegetable garden. All the usual suspects now inhabit my garden plot. (tomatoes, zuke, cuke, bush beans, lettuce, carrots, etc) It will help soften the blow of losing the pool when we pick the first fruits. (or vegetables, as the case may be!)

Later that afternoon, TacCom came home early to take Mel for her driving test. She was put off last Thursday because of needed documentation and schedule conflicts...but she finally got her time slot yesterday at 2:40...unfortunately, they were late in arriving at the DMV...so they lost the opportunity. Melody now has to wait until NEXT Thursday. God has His reasons, I'm sure!

After enjoying a cup of coffee with a good friend, I rushed to ready myself for a retirement dinner for the (brace yourself) United States Attorney for the District of New Hampshire.
It was an interesting night. I sat at a table with Secret Service agents, TSA, State Police, US Attorney,etc...the acronyms were hard to keep up with!
And contrary to what you might think, these men and women were fun to socialize with.

Of course, all throughout the day, in the back of my mind was the impending rest on my new bed! And after sleeping on it, I must conclude that my old mattress was pretty soft and most definitely contributed to my aching back!

No comments: