Monday, December 8, 2008

What were we thinking??!


This year we had the brilliant idea that we should purchase an artificial tree. No more needles, no more watering, no more dead tree a week before Christmas. (we actually had to replace a tree one year a week before Christmas...it was so bad, the branches with lights were bare sticks)


We broached the idea about a month ago. They thought we were kidding. We weren't.


So, on Saturday, we took them to the local artificial tree dealer. (yes, we have one of them right here in our area) As we walked around the warehouse, pricing and measuring...we had four, nauseous looking children following us around. (well, Wynne was doing okay, but she wasn't completely on board) No smiles, no wonder or happy comments. Very unusual for us.


Well, it took only 10 minutes and 3 or 4 passes around the room before we were hurrying out the door and headed to the local Christmas tree farm, located on the windy, icy hill.


The good news is, we got the most beautiful fraser fir we have ever had and it only cost us $25.00! (oh ya, and the kids are happy.)


Happy Monday!




7 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't nauseous!

I felt like I was going to pass out, that's all.

Thanks so much for changing your mind; I'm so happy we bought a beautiful real tree! :)

Susan Elizabeth said...

You're entirely welcome, my darling! I love the real tree, too. It's the most beautiful one we've ever had!

Tracy said...

Phew! That was close! No kids throwing up in the store...that's a good thing :). Your tree is beautiful!

Livvie Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Livvie Lisa said...

When I look at our tree I think to myself, "Boy, are we lucky!"

Livvie Lisa said...

p.s. I deleted my old comment.

Booker said...

well, when one only gets 1 channel and one wants background noise that ISN'T from their iTunes library, the remote isn't much help ;-)

and predictable is good, hahahaha :-D