Saturday, September 13, 2008

Relevant to me

This quote and following prayer is from a daily prayer devotional that Beth Moore wrote. Here is today's entry:

September 13

Thank God that, although you cannot change the past, He can help you change what you're doing with it. ~Beth Moore

~I want to know You, Jesus, and the power of Your resurrection and fellowship of sharing in Your sufferings, becoming like You in Your death. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which You, Christ Jesus, took hold of me.
I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in You, Christ Jesus. (Phil. 3:7-14)
Your Word is simply telling me not to live in the past and fail to embrace the future You have for me.

AMEN!! (and again, Amen!)

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your reflections and insight. I'm glad you share:)
Beth Moore is going to be in CT in Oct, a bunch of us are planning to go to her seminar! Wanna come?
Also, the newest picture is beautiful. Pea

Tracy said...

Amen!!!!