What beautiful weather we've been having! I was admiring the crystal azure sky this morning at about 11:30am. "What a gift I have been given, to live here in this beautifully, magical place", I thought to myself happily.
Then, as I hopped youthfully(ha ha) down the 3 granite steps in the front of the house, my foot caught the edge of the stepping stone and I fell, twisting my right ankle. GREAT. And yes, I cried. Boy, did I cry! Thankfully, TacCom was working in the yard not too far away and heard my graceful thud and cry for help. "Paul!! Help me! I am going to throw up!!" (yes, that's how bad the pain was at that moment!)
So, he came running and helped me in to the house. Put up my foot, got some ice on it and calmed me (and the children) down. (because remember, it's never pleasant for the children to see Momma cry!)
Well, the ice and rest worked. After about an hour, I felt like I was totally normal! (well, relatively speaking, of course!) It was like I never hurt my ankle at all! So, we decided to go out and do all of our previously arranged errands for the day.
The stupidest thing I could have done. By the time 5:00pm rolled around, my ankle was so black and blue, swollen and painful, I was sure I was sporting a broken ankle. (and yes, again I was crying!)
TacCom made the decision to take me to have it x-rayed. LONG story made short, everything is fine. Other than a badly sprained ankle, I am okay. However, I have been made to PROMISE to stay off my feet for 24 hours. Ya, right. We'll see how that goes. Thankfully, I have tons of help...four helpers to be exact. I am in good hands!
To be updated in 24 hours!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no, I'm sorry! You are now absolutely required to SIT and surf blogs all day.
Hope you're feeling better soon!
HONEY!! I'm so sorry... do you need anything??
Love you!
Post a Comment