Thursday, June 26, 2008

Let's face it: I'm boring.

Yes, it is true. I am totally boring. I have nothing exciting to report lately. I have been realizing that my life is very typical of the middle aged (yes, I said it) mom.

What does my day consist of? What is my daily routine? No, I can't report on it. You would be asleep before the first sentence...or you will most likely click away from my wildly exciting blog.

Are you still with me? Do you want to know how routine my life really is? Okay, here is an example:

In the past, when I would grocery shop, I added up money spent as I went through the store. I never knew when an impulse would hit me to buy something not on my list and I needed to stay within my weekly budget.
Now, however, I buy so much of the exact same thing every week, that I know when I get through checking out at the register, my total will definitely be around $200.00. (within a few dollars...) Is that boring or what? No tofu or thai food...and I have never even priced the sushi at the fish department. No, for me it's the usual 3lbs of hamburg and the chicken breast on sale. The mundane coffee flavors and typical store brands of cereal, juice and pasta. (and it's spaghetti every time!) BORING! And this is just the grocery shopping part of my humdrum existence!.......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........Huh? OH! I must have dozed off! Sorry!

Okay, my days aren't completely monotonous. I do have the occasional excitement. Let's see, today we took a day trip to the beach. We all got up at an unreasonable hour and after the usual moments of doubt (should we or shouldn't we?....gas expense, time in the car, will it rain?), we went! Was it fun? Well, it wasn't the best beach day, and the tide was way out, which means a LONG walk to the water and back...but, yes, it was very fun. I may have even got a slight tan, which isn't a priority for me, but it's nice to have a bit of a glow! And most important, the kids had a blast in the waves! I should've taken the camera...

And so, my boring post comes to a close. Thanks for reading to the end. Hopefully, I will have more excitement to post for my loyal readers (oy) in the very near future.

"If I can bring a little bit of excitement into your humdrum lives, then it ain't been in vain fer nuthin....Bless you all!" ~Lena Lamont from Singing in the Rain

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It wasn't boring! I enjoyed it. Didn't we have a fun day? :)