Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In a nutshell:

~Went to Bible study
~Came home to a new kitchen faucet (which TacCom surprised me with...)
~Relaxed for a few hours, digesting Bible study
~Went back out to drop van for oil change and food shopping...
~Came back home, unloaded groceries, made fish chowder and clam fritters...
~Down to the computer to blog about it all!


All of the above seems so mundane...but it is all different when your mind, heart and soul are constantly sensing the presence of Christ. The Holy Spirit. Wow. A constant companion through it all. He is there waiting for us to remember Him.
Today in Bible study, Beth Moore said something like, "I can't get enough of being in His word, I can't get enough." That is a real hunger. I am hungry, but still not allowing myself to be completely fed by Him alone. Does that make sense?
But, you know what? I am getting there. Starting to see that the world is like junk food....not satisfying me. His word is like the real thing. Meat. The more I get of it, the more I want. I guess when you find out that you love someone, you realize that you want to be with Him all of the time. The phenomenal thing about it is, unlike the human lover or friend, He will never leave me or forsake me!

In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:21,22

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This visit from moi should show up on your sitemeter...check and see!

Inspiring. Another awesome post, Mother-dear.